- Join the Conversation
- 866-361-0900 or 215-634-8065
Embracing Our Culture: Coast-to-Coast
Join us on a trip to Northern California to embrace the history, sights and sounds of an African American cultural and historical landmark. Angela Davis and Sonia Sanchez will anchor a special WURD Speaks on May 24!
Embracing Our Culture: Coast To Coast May 22 - 27, 2014
Join the WURD family for an exciting cultural journey to Oakland, San Francisco and Sonoma Valley Wine Country!
From May 22nd through the 27th, we will experience the full range of the west coast Black experience by celebrating our rich history and culture. Below are quick snapshots of trip highlights; click here for the full trip itinerary and booking instructions, or call our tavel partner Advantage International directly at 1-877-428-2773.
John William Templeton, a San Francisco historian and author of “Come to the Water: Sharing the Rich Black Experience in San Francisco,” recently appeared on "The Mid-Morning MOJO" to talk about the exciting sights and sounds in store for guests on our May 2014 Coast-to-Coast trip. Click the arrow to listen:
- Pricing: $1,650 per person/double occupancy and $2,199 per person/single occupancy
- 6 days, 5 nights
- Non-stop round-trip flight to from Philadelphia to San Francisco
- Exclusive WURD Speaks event with Angela Davis and Sonia Sanchez
- Luxury hotel accommodations
- Black history and culture tours, including Museum of the African Diaspora and Black Panther historical sites
- Day tours and wine-tasting at Black-owned vineyards in Sonoma wine country
For the full trip itinerary, please click here or call our travel partner Advantage International directly at 1-877-428-2773.
Day 1 - Thursday, May 22nd
- Arrival, transfers and check-in (Marriott City Center Hotel - Oakland, CA)
- Group reception and tour briefing
- Evening welcome reception and dinner at Pican Restaurant
Day 2 - Friday, May 23rd
- Tours of the East Bay, including highlights in Black Panther history and Oakland's role in African American history in the Bay area
- Exciting nightlife events
Day 3 - Saturday, May 24th
- Tours of San Francisco's major sights such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Fisherman’s Wharf, Union Square, Nob Hill, Chinatown and North Beach
- Tours of African American historical points of interest such as the Fillmore District, Bayview-Hunters Point District and San Francisco’s brand new African American Tourism Welcome Center
- WURD Speaks: Angela Davis and Sonia Sanchez
Day 4 - Sunday, May 25th
- Travel to beautiful Sonoma/Napa Valley wine country
- Vineyard tours and wine-tasting
- Visits to select black-owned wineries (may include Brown Winery, Sharp Cellars or Vision Cellars)
- Lunch in Sonoma
Day 5 - Monday, May 26th
- Free day in Sonoma for additional wine-tasting or optional activities
Day 6 - Tuesday, May 27th
- Transfer to San Francisco Airport for departure and flight home
*Itinerary, including tours, meals and accommodations subject to change*
*For the full trip itinerary and booking instructions, please click here to visit our travel partner Advantage International or call 1-877-428-2773.
We hope you'll join us for this amazing cross-country excursion!!